Thursday, April 23, 2009

Up to my Eyeballs

Every year my school hosts an art show. Every work of art (usually about 5 pieces) that all 400 kids have completed is put on display. Okay, I know you are trying to do the math...don't bother. All I know is, it's a tremendous amount. While in the middle of preparing it, I'm up to my eyeballs in projects. Thankfully, I get a lot of amazing help otherwise it would be a total headache.

Here is the only corner in my classroom not occupied by mountains of artwork. Thanks to Fork's Drum Closet, I have this amazing kid's drum set in my room. We call it the "Clean Up Drums"...I'll pick a kid each class to play a drum beat that I've taught them which signals to the class that it's time to scram. And we studied Latin America this year, hence all the Latin American-y stuff.

A close up of a Dia de los Muertos (day of the dead) sculpture of Mitch and I. These two are actually dressed better than we did on our big day...we got hitched in a courthouse.

And a photo of the Nashville Clothing company store. I created a P.O.P. (point of purchase) display for them for the belts. But I forgot to snap a picture. I'm sure I'll be in there again soon!

1 comment:

  1. Rachel4/23/2009

    You are the best art teacher ever!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments. I appreciate each and every one :)