Tuesday, May 5, 2009

A Place to Hang Your...Belt

I have a difficult time with organization. I really think that some people are born with an organizational gene and others are not. I fall under the living-in-a-constant-state-of-squalor category. I'm a slob. But I want to change. I have little faith that I can, but it's worth a shot.

In an effort to put things in their place, I made this belt/pin holder thing. Usually my pins are in a heap with their needle sharp points sticking out making getting a piece of jewelry akin to plucking a porcupine. So I bought this wooden 3-hook coat rack from Walmart. I cut about 4 layers of quilter's backing and then stretched and stapled the fabric over it. It was fast and simple and keeps me from constantly bandaging my bloodied fingers.

























Totally unrelated photo of kitty Asha. Yes, I know my cat is fat. We've had her on a diet for months...but I'm pretty sure she's got a secret stash.








Asha's pirate impersonation. Argh! Where's me Twinkies?!

2 comments:

  1. I want you to slowly hand over that green necklace and no one will get hurt...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your kitty! January and I want a fat cat just so we can name her "Fatsy Cline!"

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments. I appreciate each and every one :)