Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Gettin' Sacked

The other day, my partner-in-craft Jaime came over with a couple of giant burlap coffee sacks and the burning desire to make a bag from them. I tried to tell her that they probably make a cream for that burning sensation but she was not convinced. I even tried to con her into a shopping venture down to Plato's Closet but she wasn't having any of it. This girl was gonna make this bag. And look at it! Isn't it awesome?!

Because neither of us had ever made a bag before, we started by making a mock one from muslin (this I learned from watching Project Runway). Once we kind of understood how to put the thing together, it really wasn't so bad. The burlap is a little thick and the sewing machine did grumble a little but it managed. In all, I think it turned out great. Jaime's going to start making a boat load of these bad boys and selling them at Portland Brew on 12th Ave South.



























In the mean time, I've been looking at this book. Successful Telephone Selling. Whew, I can hardly put it down! The passion! The mystery! The intrigue! I've been calling around trying to find stores that might be interested in my belts. Lemme tell you, it sucks. I hate talking to people on the phone let alone cold calling a stranger and trying to spit out my spiel before they wise up and hang up. I'd much rather be reading these puppies. Guess it will have to wait...

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous6/24/2009

    you should both come to a University book store, bet they'd sell! I love the bags!

    Jenni Layne

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments. I appreciate each and every one :)