Thursday, June 18, 2009

Home and Back Again

This past weekend I went home. (this is not a picture of my house!) And it was the best visit I've had in a long time. Mostly because I got to see friends that I've not seen for (gulp) a decade ... maybe more? I was concerned about the amount of time we'd spent apart thinking it might lead to some awkward lulls in conversation. I had my arsenal of generic conversation-starters in my mind: "So, wow, uh, did you hear they discovered a transparent frog in the rain forest?" or "Wouldn't it be cool to feed him something dyed hot pink?" or "Speaking of frogs, who's your favorite Muppet?" (last question was actually pulled from a Conversation Starters website).

But when I saw my long-lost friends, it was like we'd just talked to each other the day before (probably because we had. Thank you, facebook). I really don't want to go that long without seeing them again. And all of the friends I missed seeing on my trip home! Just means another road trip will be in order soon.

While strolling around Wabash, In. with mom and friend Paul, I snapped these pictures of some amazing houses. I took a ba-zillion pictures, but will spare you and only share my faves.


2 comments:

  1. Anonymous6/18/2009

    I want to see more Wabash pictures! It's been forever since I've been there!

    PS I love your sense of humor!

    Jenni (Kahn) Layne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wish I would have known you were in town (and right up the street from the brick ghetto house. Actually we live just off Wabash St. but close enough!) and we could have hung out at the Kettle or something.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments. I appreciate each and every one :)