Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Because the sympathy from my broken toe was starting to wean, I decided to check myself into the ER last Friday. Well, the need for attention and the killer pain from two hernias. I ended up there for the weekend, going into surgery on Saturday and spending Sunday in a morphine-drip dream-like state. Such provided more fireworks than any display outside. The Friday I admitted myself also happened to be the day that The Shopping Diva featured my belt in her "Top 5 Deals". Thankfully, a good friend caught sight of the article and sent it to me. Here's a view of the clipping.































Since Sunday, I've just been loafing around. I've found there isn't anything good on day time T.V. (Erica Kane is STILL on All my Children? Bo and Hope STILL have not found love in Salem? I swear I could go 10 years, watch an episode and be completely caught up.) But yesterday I was motivated by some super cute dresses I saw on one of my favorite websites (modcloth.com) and decided to stitch this here number.

I was inspired by all of the high waisted dresses and skirts I've been seeing around lately. Unfortunately, I don't think I got the waist quite high enough...but it'll have to do. Seam ripping for countless hours just isn't on my to-do list today. Neither is perfection. Good-enough, however, is always at the top of my list.

3 comments:

  1. Cass, stoped by pangaea on Friday while in Nashville to check out your belts; love them!! Congrats on your publicity and success!

    ReplyDelete
  2. and sorry I misspelled "stopped." I have obviously been teaching English for the past two years! Yikes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you are doing better. You are soooo right about soaps, Days especially. Love the dress.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments. I appreciate each and every one :)