Friday, July 3, 2009

Finish Whatcha Started

I'm a starter, not a finisher. My craft room -- heck, my whole house -- is chuck full of half finished, I'll-get-to-it-next-week (which turns into next month, next year, etc.) projects. I love starting something new. When the idea is fresh and you can see it in your mind's eye (why does my mind only have one eye? Could be part of the problem). So I jump right into new project...and hit an obstacle. That's usually what causes me to shelf said project. Let's take, for example, this apron.

I started the bottom of this apron...um...two summers ago? And I was super into it, sewing beads onto it and everything (something I don't think I would have the patience for now). When it came to adding the bodice (right word? Top part) I got stuck. I didn't know how to gather at that time and by then had probably seen something shiny and decided to move on.

Well, now I know. So this morning, I got up and finished this thing. I'm pretty happy with it. You know what makes me the most excited about this new apron? It's puffy top has the magical ability to make me look...well...developed. And not so much like a 13 year old. It's the little things, you see.


1 comment:

  1. Anonymous7/08/2009

    how pretty! I love the blue/yellow combo...and your humor to your, um, chest size.

    Jenni Layne

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments. I appreciate each and every one :)