Tuesday, September 8, 2009

I No Spank Amerian

I'm pretty tired. It's 5pm, I've got a cake in the oven (pray for me), I'm going to attempt dinner for the first time in weeks (remember the cookie blob?)...and I can't even remember where I was going with this sentence. Sad, right? I mean, I had a 3 day weekend! I should be rejuvenated not experiencing narcolepsy in the middle of the afternoon.



































It got so bad at one point today that one of the kids asked "What language are you speaking?" in all seriousness, sans sarcasm. Thankfully one of the kids answered for me. "She's spankin' American, cain't you understand her?" (and no, the word "spankin" isn't a typo...).

The reason I'm tired and not rejuvenated and not spankin' American is cuz I spent the weekend sewing belts. Nashville Clothing Company is having a trunk show this Saturday and I'm to be there selling some of my belts. Since my stock had gotten kind of slim over the past couple of weeks, I thought this weekend would be a good time to sew up a storm. So I sent Mitch packing (backpacking, that is) and stitched till my eyes crossed, caught up on Project Runway and then stitched some more. In all, I made over 30 new belts. Still have plenty more to go before Saturday.

I thought I'd throw in a couple pictures of some new belts. I'm trying some different textures and glazes with the buckles.

I'm also experimenting with a variety of widths. Some of the belts are on the skinny side and some are super wide.

So, if you are in the neighborhood (that's the Cool Springs area...Nashville Clothing Company is across the street from P.F. Changs) on Saturday afternoon, it'd be great if you could stop by. There will be other local designers there...several amazing jewelry and accessory designers...and I do believe the advert reads "sip wine". You can't go wrong there! If anything, perhaps you can drop by and help me brush up on my "American".

Adios! Chao! BuhBye.


2 comments:

  1. Love the birdie belt! And, I believe that the correct name of the language you're speaking is "a'merkin."

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rachel9/08/2009

    i'm gonna come buy that red one with the black and white fabric. Sell it to anyone else, and I'll kick you in yo face!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments. I appreciate each and every one :)