Sunday, October 11, 2009

Extra Extravagant





















































This weekend, Jaime and I did our first-ever craft show. It was called Fall Extravaganza...and I'm not sure how extravagant we were (what does that even mean, anyway?). Please hold while I look this up.

EXTRAVAGANT:

. spending much more than is necessary or wise; wasteful: an extravagant shopper.
2. excessively high: extravagant expenses; extravagant prices.
3. exceeding the bounds of reason, as actions, demands, opinions, or passions.
4. going beyond what is deserved or justifiable: extravagant praise.
5. Obsolete. wandering beyond bounds.

Oh My Gosh. I think I just found the word that completes me. We are a perfect fit! I mean, "exceeding bounds of reason"?! Check! "Spending mre than is necessary"? CheckCheck! "Going beyond what is deserved {unless we're talking housework}"? CheckityCheckCheckCheck! Where has this word been hiding all of my life? We are like peanut-butter and jelly, Angelina and Brad, Ruffles Potato Chips and melted chocolate (what, you've not tried that? You ain't livin, my friend). If I were searching out new drag queen names, I'd go for Cassie Extravagant...






































But, not surprisingly, I'm getting sidetracked. Rather, I'm getting extravagant on my writing about the word extravagant.

Jaime and I set up on Friday night and added the finishing touches on Saturday morn. And, in unabashed horn tooting, our booth was rockin'. It was even likened to the All Mighty Anthropologie a couple of times. We were maybe a little out of place and the crowds were a little thin (the gentleman selling his wife's knitted scarves in the booth beside us sold ONE)...but we managed to do better than expected. Jaime sold 4 of her fabulous bags (even one to the Always Hip Hilda) and I sold 6 belts and a handful of Cupie Doll ornaments. Success! Money! Extravagant Spending (by me at the neighboring booth selling the most amazing jewelry)!

1 comment:

  1. I love love love your work!!! I just adore your style and your work inspires me to continue my own personal artistic endevors! You rock my socks lady!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments. I appreciate each and every one :)