Friday, November 20, 2009

I Am So Totally Outta Here





















Guten Tag!

No, that's not the name of the latest pandemic flu, that's how you say Hello! in German (though it does kind of sound like something you might need a cream for). Today I'm flying out to Deutschland to join Mitch who's currently there for work. We plan to travel around Bavaria (aka southwestern Germany). I'm mostly excited to go to this castle called Schloss Neuschwanstein. Apparently it's the Mother of all Castles. In fact, it's what Walt Disney based Cinderella's Castle on. And I hear it's not nearly as old as some of those crumbly ones I saw in Ireland. They were in sooo much need of an HGTV Dream Home Makeover.


















So, the kiddos at school have been talkin' landscapes. The top photo is the start of a 1st grade collage. Very Eric Carle, no? (okay, why am I now French?!) And the charcoal is by a 4th grade artist. We've been chatting about the terrain of Southern Germany and looking at landscapes by ole Vincent van Gogh (yes, I know he's not German...but the name Van Gogh does kind of sound like some sort of German SUV, doncha think?). These aren't done yet as we plan to construct giant Neuschwanstein-inspired castles in the foreground.




















So my bags are packed and I'm ready to get outta town. Apparently, I'm not the only one.

Hope eveyone that's also traveling for Thanksgiving has a safe trip and good times!

(Yes, Doctor, I have a small Guten Tag in my Deutschland and it's causing me to Auf Wiedersehen in my wienershnitzel.)

2 comments:

  1. I've always wanted to see that castle. Take lots of pics and have a great trip!

    Don and I are going to Czech in the spring. I'm going to see if they have any old castles we can check out.

    Poor kitty gets left behind. Sads.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Guten Morgen Fraulein! Have a great trip!
    auf wiedersehen !!! (yes, I am a German girl!)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments. I appreciate each and every one :)