Sunday, April 11, 2010

Squirrel Love

Lookin' for Squirrels in all the Wrong Places...
I felt like I was watching an episode of Bugs Bunny. Remember how Elmer Fudd  was always trying to find that Wascully Wabbit..."Be vewy vewy quiet, I'm hunting wabbits". Watching Asha trying to find the squirrel was vewy vewy simiwar.

Dude, I've not blogged in ages. And once I get out of the habit of something, it's pretty hard to get back into it. Kinda like goin' barefoot all Spring Break and then trying to force my feets into something suitable for work. So far it looks like I'll be wearin' my flippy floopies come tomorrow morning. Makes for a quick and easy spanking tool: flip it off, WHAP, slip it back on.  Oh, I'm just kidding! Corrporal punishment was abolished my second year teaching. I cried for a week.
This corn was actually meant for the birds. Try tellin' him that. Later I found the cob at the edge of the deck where the greedy little furball had tried to make a run for it. Have you ever seen a squirrel eat corn? They eat it one kernel at a time, spinning it around in their hands like we eat it off of cob.

Watching Asha look everywhere for the squirrel, only to have to it be right in front of her reminded me of so many things. Like having my sunglasses on my head while spending 20 minutes cleaning out my car to find them. And that would be AFTER I've spent 15 minutes looking for my car keys, which, of course, I've got looped thru my thumb.
 What with all of the woodland critters we've got in my yard, I thought I'd create a couple buckles in their likeness. 

But then there's other stuff too: stuff to be happy about, thankful for, excited about, stuff that is right in front of me but I don't see it. Or I forget about it. Or I'm too busy focusing on the other stuff: stuff I can't fix, find, change. I'm like Asha staring at the wrong thing, looking in the wrong direction.
Speaking of stuff, I've got waaay to much. So I opened a new etsy store. More info on that soonish.

But everyone does that, right? Why? Is it what motivates us? Gives us drive? Personally it drives me crazy at times. I once heard of a woman who wrote down something that she happy about, thankful for and looked forward to doing every morning. She started her day focusing on what was right in front of her.
Finally she sees him. This would be after I picked her up and plunked her down right in front of the little guy.

It seems like a great idea. Maybe I'll try it. I'm a lister, to-do lister, grocery store lister, New Years Resolution-ister. So, what's one more list? If it helps me focus on what's right in front of me, then it can't do me any harm, right?


Oh! New shop:

http://www.etsy.com/shop/vintagedomestic



1 comment:

  1. Do I see pendants in that unfired pile? Congrats on the new shop!
    You know squirrels are VERY smart...that is a whole story in its self..remind me to tell it to you someday.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments. I appreciate each and every one :)