Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Gray and Orange

Because the cat lacks thumbs (as well as a sense of lighting and composition), I snap these pics on a tripod with a timer. Which means I'm pressing the button, running in front of the camera, posing like a poseur and then doing it all again. The neighbors are enjoying this, I'm sure.

Just so you know, I'm all over the place today. So don't expect this bloggism to have any sort of flow, theme or whatever else makes for a good blog update. I'm waiting for repair men to come and save me from a hole in my gas flue (a what in the what?! Not as personal as it sounds, I promise) and a dishwasher that leaves my dishes sparkling clean yet smelling like hot garbage. Ah, the joys of owning a home. 
 
 Usually, I snap these pics in my kitchen. However, I think the neighbors saw the tripod near our windows and thought I was spying on them! Their kitchen curtains that once were open are now closed AND the shades are drawn. Whatever, neighbors. I got tired of trying to figure out your china pattern anyway.

Let me tell you a little about this recent dress alteration. This dress was thrifted a long time ago (in a galaxy far far way called Wabash, IN) and it's always been a bit of a mystery to me. The way I am wearing it currently, I always thought was the back. See how the back has those giant buttons? I assumed that was the front. It probably could be worn that way, it looks rather cute.

Aside from solving that mystery, I shortened the hem by a good 6" and removed some pockets. I'm usually a big fan of pockets, but these were like pockets for someone with extremely long arms. Like a gorilla. Or my mother-in-law (haha, kidding, Diana!).
 
 To add a little color to the outfit, I made a belt (surprise!) and this flower. I'm kinda diggin' how this flower turned out and I am now tempted to make many many more. I found the directions here:
Please pardon the interruption, Gas Flue Man just arrived.

Besides all of this alteration biz-natch, we had some buddies visit from the great state of Indiana to help us celebrate the 4th of July! Thanks again Emily, Matthew and Katherine for trekking down here. We had a great time!



1 comment:

  1. THis is gorgeous.

    Hi there! wanted to let you know I've awarded you "The Versatile Blogger" Award on my blog. Please come check it out!

    http://amykaysway.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments. I appreciate each and every one :)