Y'all, I don't know if you have noticed but...I'm on a bit of a lesson-sharing roll lately and I hope you all are here for it! Because...I have much more to come. The best way to stay tuned is to check back here often, join my email list or subscribe to my YouTube channel. My lessons are always FREE and usually come with free downloads too.
I'm so excited about this lesson!
This video lesson has THREE lessons in it...and you can decide what works best for you and your artists. Before we dive in, here are the supplies I used:
* Oil Pastels (I like neon ones, you can find them here)
* Square paper (I only use 80lbs paper)
* Ink-filled bingo daubers
This first portion of the lesson goes perfectly with my book Larry the Line...if you don't have it and would like to take a look, you can find it here.
This video is broken down into three different lessons. It's perfect for a wide range of learners! Here's what I would recommend:
K-6th Grade: Everyone can do the first portion of this lesson! It's a wonderful line introduction and review. Students will also learn how to use their watercolor paint to add color.
3rd-6th Grade: The second portion of this lesson is great for these learners as it will introduce them to geometric and organic shapes as well as positive and negative space.
4th - 6th Grade: The final portion is perfect for these learners but does require paint pens (I am using the POSCA brand) or metallic Sharpies. I know these supplies can be pricey so you may wish to limit this portion of the project based on the supplies you have available.
The second half of this lesson focuses on SHAPE. I dive into all things shape in my book Alfred the Ape Knows his Shapes!
![]() |
For this final portion, students can use paint pens or metallic sharpies. Both can be pricey...which is why I recommend this for your older students who may take better care of supplies.
Regardless of which portion of this lesson you use, I know you and your artists will love it! I especially know they will love the first portion of creating lines from sounds!
If you have not used ink-filled bingo daubers, I have lots of info about it here. It's one of my very favorite art supplies!Thanks for letting me share, y'all! Have a great weekend!


No comments:
Post a Comment
Thank you so much for your comments. I appreciate each and every one :)
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.