Hey there! If you happened to see my last post, I said that I had a whole lot of LINE art lessons coming your way...and I wasn't kidding! Here's another one! This one is perfect for our younger students and it's a great project if you are short on time or just looking to do a review.
From what you have told me, your students LOVE Larry the Line so it got me thinking: how fun would it be if they got to have their very own Larry?!
With that in mind, I created this totally free download for you to use in your art makin' world!
I thought of a couple different ways you could use this free download: students could create the lines and add color with the medium of your choice, as I did here. By the way, you can find the line sheets here.
Another idea would be to print a bunch of Larrys on some brightly colored copy paper and let students pick the one they want to add lines to. This would make the lesson shorter and allow more time to focus on lines. Again, the handout above is here.
OR! Use this sheet as an early finisher activity! Slide the sheet into a sheet protector and allow students to follow the steps and practice their line drawing on the sheet protector. At the end of class, they just erase! This would eliminate the cutting portion...which I know is a separate skill that needs to be taught thoroughly! (Which I can help you with here!)
No matter how you use this sheet, I hope you and your artists have fun with Larry the Line! Stay tuned, more to come!

I thought of a couple different ways you could use this free download: students could create the lines and add color with the medium of your choice, as I did here. By the way, you can find the line sheets here.
Another idea would be to print a bunch of Larrys on some brightly colored copy paper and let students pick the one they want to add lines to. This would make the lesson shorter and allow more time to focus on lines. Again, the handout above is here.
OR! Use this sheet as an early finisher activity! Slide the sheet into a sheet protector and allow students to follow the steps and practice their line drawing on the sheet protector. At the end of class, they just erase! This would eliminate the cutting portion...which I know is a separate skill that needs to be taught thoroughly! (Which I can help you with here!)
No matter how you use this sheet, I hope you and your artists have fun with Larry the Line! Stay tuned, more to come!




No comments:
Post a Comment
Thank you so much for your comments. I appreciate each and every one :)
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.