Tuesday, August 25, 2026

Let's Create Larry's Line-Finding Glasses!

Hi, friends! 

As you might know, Larry the Line is mighty popular this time of year as many of us art teachers kick off the new school year with a unit on LINE. In fact, I've been sharing a TON of line lessons here and on my YouTube channel. It's been so fun seeing folks use them with their artists! 


And today, I have a Larry's Line-Finding Glasses tutorial for you and your artists!
Here's what I would recommend:

* Print this totally free download on cardstock. This way a thicker paper backing, which I talk about in the video, will not need to be added.

* I also thought it might be interesting to pre-make a class set of 20 and then laminate them. This way, the kids can just enjoy the act of drawing lines with a dry erase marker and then go about their Line Hunting adventure. Once the activity is over, the glasses can be cleaned and ready for the next class. Yes, work for you on the front end but then you'd have them ready for your classes!



Of course, part of the fun is getting to keep the glasses...so that's totally up to you! Here's the lesson video:





I just think these are so cute! And a fun way to really get your artists looking for the lines that are all around them.

For a copy of my book Larry the Line, go here!
Have fun making your glasses and searching for lines with your Larry the Line Line-Finding Glasses!

photo signature_zpsd10b3273.png

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comments. I appreciate each and every one :)

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.